A piece of history - Peter was introduced to stained glass in 1975 by Douglas Annand, a well-known Australian glass craftsman and designer.
Stained Glass Artist
Peter’s talent for art was discovered during high school where he helped illustrate the school magazine. In 1971, he won the Australian Broadcasting Commission Youth Art Award which enabled him to enter the National Art School in Australia. For 6 years, he studied figure drawing, sculpture, design, painting and photography.
He furthered his education by obtaining a graduate diploma in Art Education and went on to teach Art in a High School for the next 4 years.
Peter was introduced to stained glass in 1975 by Douglas Annand, a well-known Australian glass craftsman and designer. In 1983, he received a scholarship to further study in New York, and became a full time glass artist in 1987. Over the next few years, he spent his time building and restoring stained glass windows in Australia and Singapore, and travelled extensively.
In 1995, in Singapore, he accepted Christ and currently attends Bethesda Cathedral where he is working in the Children’s Ministry.
His stained Glass work can be seen in many churches:
• St. Anne’s, Bondi, Sydney
• St Peters’, Mosmon, Sydney
• St Stanislams College, Bathurst, New South Wales
• Hard Rock Café in Kowloon, Hong Kong, Taipei, Taiching and Beijing
• Bethesda Cathedral, Chai Chee
• Christ Methodist Church, East Coast
• Church of Singapore, Bukit Timah
• CHIJ, Sengkang
• Trinity Methodist Church, Serangoon Gardens
• Wesley Methodist Church (Fort Canning) Restoration
• Zion Bible-Presbyterian Church
• Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church
• Resorts World Sentosa – Friar Tuck’s Good Food @ Shrek
• True Way Presbyterian Church
• Duxton Hotel Restoration, Singapore